Free Seas Ahoy, a social networking portal for sailors managed by the Open Source Research Group at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, represented by Prof. Dr. Dirk Riehle, may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from July 2011.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postal code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional e-mails about new features, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the e-mail address which you have provided with an option if unsubscribing if not interested.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that this is alright.
For a small fee you may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the German Federal Data Protection Act of 1970. If you would like a copy of this information, please write to us.
Free Seas Ahoy Team